Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities for an Access Ordering Technician in Columbia, SC.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within eSpirit and Circuit Vision to process circuit, copper lines (1FB’s – DS0’s) and other Access Ordering services orders for Spirit Communications/Lumos Networks, including but not limited to: Enterprise, Government, Wholesale, Carrier and Internal Intercompany orders
- Submitting all Type 2 service orders including but not limited to: TDM (T1/T3), copper lines (DS0), directory listing, porting numbers, Ethernet, Fiber etc.
- Must track and provide order status on all service orders until completion. This includes tracking orders with various vendors through email and/or portal applications. (Example: LEX, CAFÉ, Windstream, etc.)
- Allocate facilities through Circuit Vision systems for all T1 and EOC assignments
- Work with other staff and departments to provide exceptional service and ensure customer satisfaction
- Must maintain attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Must provide pro-active, on-going, consistent status to internal staff
- Work with Operations department regarding customer and/or vendor issues and adjust orders accordingly
- Coordinate all proposed cut dates with Project Coordinators and Operations so that all work is complete prior to the cut dates. This includes but is not limited to: porting of numbers, copper lines, toll-free numbers, private line, metro E, Ethernet over copper, etc.
- Handle internal orders for the move, add, change or disconnect of existing customer services
- Handle IVY trouble tickets that are customer affecting in a timely manner that are assigned by the Customer Network Operations team
- Be first point of contact for Access Order and LNP Escalations and Expedites with Type 2 Vendors
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management, and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check & drug screening
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous administrative experience
- Background in telecommunication Access Ordering and Local Number Portability activities and/or use of telephony vocabulary desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Organization, Written/Verbal Communication, Problem Solving
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.
Spirit Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.