Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Charleston, SC for an Account Executive II.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include Spirit Managed Firewall and Spirit MobileVoice, Spirit's highly secure SIP-based softphone solution specifically designed for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iTouch -- and Android products. Now available is our new line up of Spirit Managed and Hosted IT & Cloud services.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. and Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Augusta & Savannah, Georgia.
The successful Account Executive will possess exemplary professional skills; always considering the best outcome for both the Company and the Customer in each situation. The Account Executive will be responsible for quota driven, new revenue generation and existing base management for the company through the successful selling of Fiber access and transport, voice, local, long distance, MPLS, private line, broadband, high speed Internet, VoIP, video and network management.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Some travel required within a specified territory
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced and somewhat stressful working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues
- Must possess effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers to include Microsoft Office
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with voice and data networks; i.e. Local, Long Distance, MPLS, IP Telephony
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree in sales / marketing or related field, equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- Previous Enterprise level, ILEC-CLEC sales experience
- 3 – 5 years previous telecommunications sales and / or sales support experience highly desirable
- General finance and accounting skills helpful
Spirit Communications offers an excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision, prescription card, life, STD, LTD, matching 401(K), and retirement. Salaries are commensurate with experience.
Resumes and salary histories may be submitted to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
1500 Hampton St.
Columbia, SC 29201
Fax: (803) 726-4128