Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for an Associate Network Administrator; this position is a part-time temporary position.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C.
The Associate Network Administrator position offers the right candidate an opportunity to learn, observe and contribute in a hands-on environment to various IT projects affecting our team members and clients while also providing the opportunity to analyze, install, administer, maintain and troubleshoot computer and network systems. This opportunity offered by Spirit Communications is designed to provide critical training and experience to those who have some experience by having completed or about to complete formal education in IT System Administration or related IT or Computer Science Training. Student will be mentored and allowed to gain valuable experience in areas that may be of particular interest as Spirit Communications business needs allow. It is the policy of Spirit Communications to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally. Employees are expected to perform all of their duties and responsibilities in accordance with this policy at all times.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications to include, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to lift and move computer and associated peripheral equipment up to 50 pounds and occassionally move up to 90 pounds and must be able to sit and reach with arms/hands
- Ability to utilize a computer LCD monitor for extended time periods
- Previous experience or knowledge of how to support hardware and software needs on server, desktop and LAN platforms
- Must have LAN and WAN knowledge of switches, firewalls and routers
- Experience with Exchange, Active Directory, Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008 Server
- Previous experience with Internet applications, terminology and methodologies
Assist with the following:
- Install and/or relocate PC's and/or Servers including peripheral equipment and install/uninstall appropriate software
- Solve hardware and software problems on server, desktop or LAN platforms
- Support and administer all mobile smart phones
- Responsible for completion of assigned tasks in PC/LAN network and server support functions to include: prioritize user requests for programs on network, set-up and load new machines for employees, manage replacement migration strategy for out-dated machines, utilize new technology to enhance desk-top support, support of printer network, support of e-mail applications and connectivity issues, and maintain network and desktop database back-up procedures
- Prioritize tasks and requests to accommodate users and business needs
- Performance of other related duties may be required
May be exposed to and/or gain knowledge regarding the following:
- Evaluation of software and hardware products; make recommendations for new/upgraded equipment and software solutions
- Hardware and software upgrades on network and network peripherals; install new releases in applications; research, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies to pursue and provide future applications
- Assist in maintaining appropriate billing systems hosted on supported platforms. This would include end user, network and appropriate server hardware and software support. Exposure may include tape management, job scheduling, database mining and support tools
- Design and support all aspects of local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN)
- Manage all appropriate software licenses and licensing agreements to meet corporate and industry standards on supported platforms
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit this site, https://www.spiritcom.com/careers, to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this informaiton will no be considered for employmnent.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.