Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in all markets within South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia for a Customer Installation Technician.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The Customer Installation Technician is responsible for all installations of CPE and services at customer locations, troubleshooting services and equipment, making minor programming changes, completing Enterprise Move, Add, or Change (MAC) orders, procuring and maintaining spare equipment inventory, loading CPE configurations, and testing customer circuits in the field. This position will require telecom field knowledge, basic CPE configuration experience, and a basic working knowledge of IP.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- No color blindness
- Must be able to work at heights and in enclosed spaces
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening & background check
- Other related duties as assigned
- Procure CPE, upgrade, and load CPE configurations
- Install CPE and phones at customer locations and perform service testing
- Perform number routing and porting of numbers on customer sites
- Perform remote turn-up of services with vendors and customers
- Responsible for all assigned MACs completed on time
- Assists with minor adjustments to customer installations after final turn-up
- Assists with troubleshooting customer's services during and immediately after turn-up
- Assist with field installation and communication deployments as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must know standard telephone/cable color codes and installation practices
- Must be organized and capable of interpreting new orders and procuring CPE
- Ability to upgrade Adtran or Cisco CPE firmware and load configurations
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting CPE configurations
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting Ethernet, T1, and 1FB wiring issues using standard field installation tools
- Capable of producing Ethernet and T1 cables
- Capable of installing dmarc extensions or cabling to support WAN services in a customer facility (no fear of heights or enclosed spaces)
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting VOIP services at customer premise
- Available to travel 85% of time
- Experience with LEC/CLEC Operations desired; but not required
- Experience with Cisco or Adtran Routers, IADs, or ATA's desired; but not required
- Minimum two years field experience with hardware installations is desired; but not required
- Experience with DS3, DS1, DS0 circuit test equipment desired; but not required
Works primarily on customer premises, traveling locally site to site, with a medium potential for safety/health hazards. Active, driving, walking, constant lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading, computer use, and equipment wiring. Independent lifting ability of up to 50 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.