Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for a Customer Solution Technician.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
Spirit Communications is seeking a Customer Support Technician that can provide expert customer solutions as part of Spirit's Customer Solution Center. This position will report to the Customer Support Supervisor. This position will be responsible for providing Tier I level technical support and redirecting or escalating customer service issues through the appropriate channels. The Customer Support Technician will also generate trouble tickets on all issues, fault isolation and will keep customers updated throughout the resolution process.
As the first point of contact for internal/external customers, the Customer Support Technician is responsible for handling inbound customer communications and trouble shoot service issues, billing inquiries, moves, adds, and changes, as well as other general product or service issues. Prompt trouble resolution with a sense of urgency is our top priority.
The Customer Support Technician role may require some scheduled shift work. Shifts will typically be worked Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Will perform troubleshooting and other customer support functions in a variety of systems, including but not limited to:
- Switch Related Changes/Additions (Broadsoft/Telica/Meta):
- Enabling Auto-Attendant
- Call Forward
- Voicemail reset
- Busy Lamp Field
- Hunt Groups
- Digit Mod
- Phone Equipment Programming
- Broadsoft Customer Training
- Long Distance Code/Line Additions/Changes
- Add Service Requests
- Customer Relationship Manager Processing:
- One Time Payments
- Invoice Inquiries
- CSR/LSR Requests
- Future Invoice Amount Inquiries
- Past Due Inquiries
- Usage Inquiries
- CPNI Updates
- Long Distance Code Updates
- Order Creation based on Service Changes/Addition
- State Customer Training
- Ticketing System (Ivy):
- Creating/Resolving Trouble Tickets (First Tier)
- Reassigning/Escalating Trouble Tickets if Applicable
- Enter and update detailed customer notes pertaining to service event
- Facility Management System (Circuit Vision):
- Research customer’s network components and detail
- Firewall Updates (Fortigate):
- VPN resets and additions
- Other related duties as assigned
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive customer issues
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to work any shift as needed
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check & drug screening
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 1 -2 years in the telecom/data industry or 1-2 years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability up to 20 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this informaiton will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.