Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for an IP Installation Technician.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The IP Installation Technician is responsible for CPE procurement and programming, and programming of all MPLS and Internet connections from the core to the customer premise. This position must be able to design and configure VRF, VPN, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, and VPRN and assist vendors with troubleshooting their networks. Other responsibilites include programming of LTE failover devices and cloud-based firewalls for both Internet and MPLS services.
- Responsible for all assigned projects completion on time
- Assists with implementation of assigned customer network additions, as well as networks of associated companies
- Performs all duties that may be assigned by the Service Provisioning Manager
- Recommend and configure routers and associated peripheral equipment for customer networks
- Configure MPLS router connections for customer turn-ups
- Remotely assist with field installation and communication deployments as necessary
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening & background check
- Other related duties as assigned
- Reliable transportation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers to include Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- No color blindness
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced and somewhat stressful working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues
- Must possess effective organizational and time management skills
- CCNA certification or equivalent work experience required
- Associate's Degree is required
- Minimum of three years of experience in repair in LAN/WAN environments with experience in monitoring / troubleshooting
- Ability to completely design, build, program, deploy, and document new IP services from a network core to multiple customer sites
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the OSI model and how it pertains to various transmission protocols, and multi-protocol routing including OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Must have a strong initiative, be able to complete network drawings utilizing MS Visio, create supporting documentation, and conduct IP projects unassisted
- Experience with Fortinet and/or Cisco firewalls
- Must have detailed understanding of IEEE and ITU standards for FTTH and GPON technologies
- Understanding of IPTB, multicast and video transport
- Experience with LEC/CLEC Operations is desired, but not required
- Experience with Local Loop Distribtution/Testing/Repair is desired, but not required
- Experience with Alcatel 7XXX, Cisco, and Adtran Routers is desired, but not required
- CCNP Certification, or equivalent work experience is desired, but not required
- Experience working with MPLS and designing layer 2 and layer 3 private networks is desired, but not required
- Programming and testing VPN is desired, but not required
- Minimum of six years of experience in this career field is desired, but not required
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit this site, https://www.spiritcom.com/careers, to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.