Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for an IP Installation Technician.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The IP Installation Technician is responsible for provisioning Data services for Enterprise customer orders (New, Move, Add, or Change (MAC), and Disconnect), CPE procurement and programming, and programming of all MPLS and Internet connections from the core to the customer premise. This technician must be able to design and configure VRF, VPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, and VPRN for customer orders and assist vendors with troubleshooting their networks. Other responsibilities include implementation of LTE failover devices for both Internet and MPLS services, cloud-based and premise-based firewalls, SD-WAN devices and services, and Wi-Fi devices and services.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with various computer applications and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to Word and Excel
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time-sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Procure CPE, produce CPE configurations, and program all customer Data services
- Configure core routing, cross-connects, and additional core hardware to support services
- Perform remote turn-up of services with vendors and customers
- Support field personnel during scheduled customer turn-ups
- Responsible for all assigned new orders, MACs, and disconnect orders to be completed on time
- Assists with implementation of assigned customer network additions, as well as networks of associated companies
- Performs all duties that may be assigned by the Service Provisioning Manager
- Configure and provision routers, switches, and other associated peripheral equipment for customer networks
- Configure MPLS router connections for customer turn-ups
- Remotely assist with field installation and communication deployments as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's Degree is required. Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- CCNA certification required, CCNP preferred or equivalent work experience required. Vendor certifications preferred (Cisco, Adtran, Alcatel-Lucnet, Fortinet, VeloCloud, etc.)
- Minimum of six years of experience in repair in LAN/WAN environments with experience in provisioning/monitoring/troubleshooting/repair
- Experience with LEC/CLEC Operations
- Experience with Local Loop Distribtution/Testing/Repair, including Ethernet testing
- Ability to completely design, build, program, deploy, and document new IP services from a network core to multiple customer sites
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the OSI model and how it pertains to various transmission protocols, and multi-protocol routing including VRF, VPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, and VPRN
- Experience with Alcatel 7XXX, Cisco, and Adtran Routers, and Adva and Ciena NIDs
- Must have a strong initiative, be able to complete network drawings utilizing MS Visio, create supporting documentation, and conduct IP projects unassisted
- Experience working with MPLS and designing layer 2 and layer 3 private networks, including programming and testing VPN
- Experience with Fortinet and/or Cisco firewalls
- Must have detailed understanding of IEEE and ITU standards for FTTH and GPON technologies
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers, to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.
Spirit Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.