Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for a Network Analyst.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
Spirit Communications is seeking a professional that can provide expert customer support as part of a team of network analysts. This position will report to the Customer Network Operations Center (CNOC) Manager. The Network Analyst will be responsible for providing Tier I level technical support and technical guidance as part of a team of Customer Network Operations Center (CNOC) Network Analysts. This role is a working position that provides oversight for swift and accurate response to all alerts and customer requests - repairing or escalating as appropriate.
The Network Analyst work is performed in shifts within a 24x7 Customer Network Operations Center (CNOC) environment. Candidates must be available to work any shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays. This position is responsible for monitoring, responding to network alarms, advance troubleshooting, and maintaining the entire Spirit Communications network and the services provided. The CNOC Network Analyst is responsible for generating trouble tickets on all issues, dispatching technicians, if necessary, fault isolation, keeping customers updated and driving all troubles to completion. Quick trouble resolution with a sense of urgency is our top priority.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must have to ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to work any shift to support the 24/7/365 needs of the business and also on call support duties
- Must have a good understanding of IP Networking, VoIP, TDM technology, and T1/PRI
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening & background check
- Other related duties as assigned
- Manages the convenient resolution of all network requests in a 24x7 operational environment
- Deliver high level of customer satisfaction for trouble tickets and requests
- Build and preserver supportive working relationships with customer
- Execute customer and carrier circuit troubleshooting
- Investigate and resolve performance degradation
- Deliver input into process and system for increasing reliability, decreasing procedural errors and handling change within the network
- Assuring maintenance notification and service advisory announcement is distributed to customers in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- 2 years of Telecommunications / ISP NOC
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer or information sciences; equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- Understanding of Layer 1 (Physical Layer) such as copper loop, T1, DS3 and Fiber services
- Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, STP, IPV6 and MPLS
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP and ADSL
- Understanding SIP, ISUP/SS7 signaling, DWDM technology
- Telecom and transport circuit testing
- Standard telecom operation and escalation procedures
- Network monitoring Systems (Siena)
- Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proficient with Network protocols, media and Test Equipment
- CCNA Certified
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Router/Switch configuration
- Ethernet, IP, MPLS, VPRN and VPLS troubleshooting
- Cisco routers and switches
- Alcatel 7750, 7450 and 7210
- Brocade MLX
- Hatteras EoC 400, 4000 and 6000
- Adva 825
- Must be flexible to work day and night shifts
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.