Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities for a Network Analyst II located in Columbia, SC.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the convenient resolution of all network requests in a 24x7 operational environment
- Deliver high level of customer satisfaction for trouble tickets and requests
- Build and preserve supportive working relationships with customers
- Execute customer and carrier circuit troubleshooting
- Investigate and resolve performance degradation
- Deliver input into process and system for increasing reliability, decreasing procedural errors and handling change within the network
- Assures maintenance notifications and service advisory announcements are distributed to customers in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, analytical skills and effective troubleshooting
- Flexible to work day, night, holidays and/or weekend shifts
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent training) in engineering, computer or information sciences or Associates degree with equivalent training in engineering, computer or information sciences or High School Diploma with equivalent training in engineering, computer or information sciences. CCNA Certified.
- Minimum 2 years of Telecommunications/ ISP NOC experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Understanding of Layer 1 (Physical Layer) such as copper loop, T1, DS3 and Fiber services
- Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, STP, IPV6 and MPLS
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP and ADSL
- Understanding SIP, ISUP/SS7 signaling, DWDM technology
- Telecom and transport circuit testing
- Standard telecom operation and escalation procedures
- Network monitoring Systems (Siena)
- Proficient with Network protocols, media and Test Equipment
- Router/Switch configuration
- Ethernet, IP, MPLS, VPRN and VPLS troubleshooting
- Cisco routers and switches
- Alcatel 7750, 7450 and 7210
- Brocade MLX
- Hatteras EoC 400, 4000 and 6000
- ADVA 825
- Must be flexible to work any shift including days, nights, and Holidays
The successful candidate must have reliable transportation. They must also possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Along with excellent customer service skills. Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask. Effective interpersonal skills are a must to interact successfully with customers, management and team members. Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize work as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated timelines. Effective analytical and problem solving abilities.
Please visit https://spiritcom.com/careers, to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.
Spirit Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.