Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for a Network Planning Analyst.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The Network Planning Analyst will conduct desktop engineering analysis of fiber serviceability requests generated by Enterprise and Carrier Sales personnel. Additionally, the Network Planning Analyst will assist in FRP responses while coordinating large volumes of data across various Spirit Communications Markets.
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues
- Must possess effective organizational and time management skills
- Must be analytical with proven problem solving abilities and the ability to troubleshoot complicated problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Successfully pass pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for requesting off-net quotes from partners and member-owners across SC and NC for large RFPs
- Ability to effectively utilize GIS mapping tools (ArcGis, CVFiber and Google Earth)
- Analyze and manager large volumes of date
- Understanding of Spirit Network and Markets
- Experience with financial reporting and business plan generation
- Bachelor of science degree in related field, equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in telecommunications industry
- Utilization of spatial data tools including but not limited to ArcGIS, cvFiber, and Google Earth
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.