Spirit Communications has an immediate employment opportunity in Columbia, SC for a Network Transport Supervisor.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC and Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Augusta & Savannah, Georgia.
The position of Network Transport Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in installation, testing, maintenance, and repair of Spirit Communications Optical and Ethernet transport equipment. Supports the daily testing and activation requirements of all on and off-net customer based services for transport and data services on Spirit Communications extensive fiber optic network and maintains systems and facilities in the assigned areas of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- No color blindness
- Must be able to work at heights and in enclosed spaces
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening & background check
- Other related duties as assigned
- Prepares reports, determines work force requirements, and establishes production schedules to meet service load requirements
- Schedules maintenance windows, grooms and upgrades, and assigns personnel to support each function
- Works with LEC’s, CLES’s, vendors, internal departments and customers to successfully test and turn up new service as required
- Follow prescribed escalation policies internal and external to ensure customer services are successfully activated within the appropriate time frames
- Accept escalations as provided by manager
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Supervisor or Manager role
- 7-10 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry or networking experience
- Experience with Nortel, Ciena, Alcatel, Fujitsu, Lucent or other DWDM transport equipment
- Experience with DAC’s, MI3 MUX’s
- Experience with local/remote physical later testing standards for DS0’s, DS1’s, DS3’s and Optical OC3-OC192
- Experience with Ethernet 10 Meg – 10 Gig
- Experience with an industry standard telecom ticketing system such as Remedy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio
- Experience with OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) light meters and related equipment
- Ability to read job descriptions and drawings
- Read and understand manufacturer documentation to a high level
- Ability to install hardware, i.e. racks, bays, mount equipment in racks
- Understanding of cabling meth-Run, lace and dress ABAM and DS3 cable. Wire wrap DSX1 or install BNC’s as needed
- Understanding of AC/DC power flow and installation-Run, lace, and terminate power cable with lugs. Terminate power cable into live BDFB or BDFP safely
- Check power cabling for shorts, reversals, and power up equipment
- Log into network elements (NE)
- Provision non-default parameters into NE’s
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on NE’s
- Replace circuit packs
- Diagnose and troubleshoot trouble in NE’s to card level
- Perform in-service upgrades to NE’s
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented organizational skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and creativity
- Mature professional attitude
- Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as required by workload
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.