Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for an Order Entry Specialist.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C.
The Order Entry Specialist will process submissions from internal and external organizations through detail level order qualification and data entry quality checks and re-entry of key details in a customer relationship management/workflow application for a successful installation.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook
- General understanding of the Internet and its associated applications
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi task effectively, in a somewhat stressful environment
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced and somewhat stressful working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues
- Familiarity with order qualification processes and data entry quality check procedures
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Other related duties as assigned
- Maneuver in a Windows environment to access and utilize various databases including customer relationship management and workflow tools
- Detail-level order qualification and data entry quality check of documentation provided
- Entry of key details in customer relationship management/workflow application
- Rely on experience and judgment to accomplish organizational goals and time schedules
- Build customer relationship management tool for data storage and processing which is accessed organizationally
- Clean and maintain the customer relationship management tool by removing and deleting old or inaccurate data
- Evaluation of data for adherence to organizational standards
- Identify and resolve associated errors with submission material
- Provide support to internal/external organizations via phone, email and other methods
- Resolve product or service requests regarding submissions based on technical knowledge
- Understanding of products and complex services
- Provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Demonstrate strong skills in communication internally and externally
- Work with multiple departments, building bridges to process submissions
- Qualify customer premise information to verify facilities are delivered correctly and efficiently
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Requires high school diploma or its equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience
- 1-3 years working with MS Office
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- 1-3 years’ experience in Telecom, Cable and/or Data and Customer Service
- Familiarity with telecommunications terminology and concepts
- Extensive experience in a Windows environment and working with other customer relationship management/workflow tools
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.