Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities for a Product Manager in Columbia, SC, Charleston, SC or Charlotte, NC.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C. and Georgia.
Spirit Communications is seeking a Product Manager – Managed Services to join our team! The Product Manager will lead in areas of strategic planning, pricing, competitive analysis and thought leadership for our managed service solutions. This role will have the responsibility for creating competitive products and maintaining a prioritized product roadmap in addition to acting as a product SME for the rest of the organization. The Product Manager will lead cross-functional teams through the preparation, design, build and launch phases of new products and he/she will control product lifecycle management for existing products.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Other related duties as assigned
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to on product delivery and lifecycle management
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- A deep understanding of Managed Services in a cloud / hosting environment (IaaS, DRaaS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Security Services and HIPAA / PCI Compliance is a plus
- 5+ years of marketing/product management experience
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required
- Solid business acumen. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.