Spirit Communications has an immediate employment opportunity for a Program Manager in Columbia, SC.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The Program Manager position manages and coordinates projects leading to the development of a regional fiber based telecommunications system. Responsibilities include the defining of project proposals, planning, decision-making and project fiscal management. The successful candidate contributes to the customization of operational processes to project requirements (e.g. Network Design, Network Engineering and Outside Plant (OSP). Plans from technical Requests for Proposals; evaluates and recommends the selection of vendors to secure necessary services. Direct and indirect supervision is exercised over professional, technical and administrative personnel. Duties also include directing and coordinating the maintenance and effective delivery of 700 plus cell towers within the telecommunications system. The incumbent exercises considerable independence and initiative.
- Reliable transportation
- Travel will be required to include possible overnight stay
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must be detailed oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be willing and able to adjust work schedule to support shifts of various lengths and start/stop times based on workload
- Project organization management and control
- Project management tools and principles using Microsoft Project, Ace Project, etc.
- Fiscal management and budgetary preparation and control required to administer a budget.
- The principles and practices involved in designing, constructing, installing, maintaining and operating a variety of telecommunications networks including SONET, DWDM, Carrier Ethernet, Fiber, Fiber to the Tower, Fiber to the Home, and other communications systems and of acceptance testing for services and equipment
- The design and implementation of telecommunications network and services
- Operational analysis and decision-making techniques for resource allocation and organizational effectiveness
- The laws, rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission
- Permitting for fiber network construction and installation including local, state and federal requirements and processes
- Manages all phases of project development to ensure customer satisfaction, project continuity and internal consistency
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of vendor contracts, customer contracts, and customer expectations
- Supervises and coordinates professional, technical, and non-technical staff by establishing performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities, providing direction and feedback, and ensuring assigned projects/tasks are completed accurately and by the specified due date
- Develops project schedules and processes to ensure customer satisfaction, project continuity and the timely delivery of services
- Prepares regular progress, project status and problem resolution reports regarding status of fiber telecommunications construction plans
- Manages relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure equipment and services procured and installed meet requirements and specifications
- Ensures compliance with Federal Communications Commission requirements for licensing, operating, and technical performance
- Oversees the preparation of bid specifications for major telecommunication projects to include construction of fiber routes, installation of carrier equipment
- Facilitates meetings with customers, local agencies, and other employees to maintain effective working relationships
- Evaluates overall and individual work performance to determine effectiveness in providing quality products within time and cost restraints
- Monitors time and dollar expenditures to ensure projects and budgets meet established targets
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering or related field preferred and seven (7) years of telecommunications experience specializing in electronic telecommunications systems and the design, construction, and maintenance of large regional or statewide communications system
- Must have five (5) years of progressively responsible project management experience in a large fiber based regional or statewide telecommunications system
- Certification via a Project Management Certification program, Project Management Institute or a course leading to PMI, PMP or CAPM certification, is a plus
- Project planning and management of Fiber based networks experience desired; but not required
- Experience with Planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the work of personnel engaged in the construction, installation, maintenance and operation of major telecommunications systems desired; but not required
- Experience effectively supervising the design, construction and maintenance of major telecommunications installations desired; but not required
- Ability to perform oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner
- Capabilities of developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relations and evaluating current resources and forecasting future trends/needs
- Ability to manage multiple large projects and work within stringent deadlines to complete assignments within a restricted time period
- Must be able to interpret, analyze and evaluate available data and make decisions concerning complex and comprehensive operational problems along with evaluate the work of teams engaged in design, construction, and maintenance of a major telecommunications network
- Prepare budget and cost estimates to determine necessary funding for assigned area budget through projections and analyze and interpret financial data to determine and project budget needs
- Ability to negotiate contract terms and conditions to achieve desired goals and objectives
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.