Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for a Project Coordinator.
Spirit Communications is a Facilities based /Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and operates our own Fiber/MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina's focus with a Global reach.
New Products include SD-WAN, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions, and a growing security suite featuring Spirit Managed Firewall. Spirit also has an extensive line of managed IT and cloud service solutions.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier's carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, SC as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington, N.C, and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
The Project Coordinator will act as a liaison between internal departments (Sales, Provisioning, and Operations etc.) and the customer to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction during implementation. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the customer install and all componenets nececssary to provide services ordered. The Project Coordinator will conduct a Scrub Session with internal parties to ensure that all services sold have been relayed and all required data is provided.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Must have the ability to utilize a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Must possess and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management vendors and team members
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Other related duties as assigned
- Provide pro-active, on-going, consistent status reports to the customer on all pending orders
- Track the normal progression of all orders throughout the various departments and communicate to all parties involved
- Respond to all calls from the field regarding status of orders and outstanding issues affecting due dates
- Resolve any customer issues such as new construction, pending facilities, etc. (Example: Remove PIC freeze, update Resp Org dates)
- Contact the customer to schedule cut-over time / date for orders
- Coordinate all proposed cut dates with Installation team so that Cut Calendar is consistently updated for orders
- Verify with Sales Engineers to ensure all necessary equipment is either ordered or in stock for all pending installs
- Verify that vendors are aware of installation at least 2-days prior to the cutover
- Verify that all 800 numbers have been ported
- Four-year degree in Telecommunications Systems or Computer Science field; equivalent work experience, or a combination thereof
- Two to five years previous project coordination/management experience
- Ability to coordinate several departments to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of telephony vocabulary and / or telecommunications background
- Previous administrative experience
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.