Spirit Communications has immediate employment opportunities in Columbia, SC for a Sales Engineer – Charleston, SC.
Spirit Communication is a Facilities based / Broadsoft Switch enabled Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia, and operates in our own Fiber / MPLS network. This Powerful Network empowers us to provide innovative communication solutions to a cross section of commercial businesses, state and federal government agencies as well as specialized focus with healthcare organizations. Our partnerships with major telecommunications carriers allow Spirit to provide a Carolina’s focus with a Global reach.
New Products include Spirit Managed Firewall and Spirit MobileVoice, Spirit’s highly secure SIP-based softphone solution specifically designed for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iTouch – and Android products. Now available is our new line up of Spirit Managed and Hosted IT & Cloud services.
PalmettoNet, a Spirit Communications company, is one of the largest providers of digital fiber optic networks in the Carolinas. A carrier’s carrier with over 5,000 fiber route miles, PalmettoNet serves the needs of prominent telecommunications carriers who provide wireless, wire line interstate, intrastate, Fiber to the Tower and interexchange service.
Spirit is headquartered in Columbia, S.C. and has regional offices in Charleston and Greenville, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington N.C., and coming soon Raleigh, N.C., and Georgia.
Working with the Division Manager Sales Engineering the Sales Engineer provides strategic sales support using extensive skills in delivering technical consultation, planning, design and implementation solutions to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of established company networks and products.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Multi-state travel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word and Excel
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Must successfully pass pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Other duties as assigned
- Represent Spirit on customer appointments as the subject matter expert for hosted IP voice, LAN/WAN technologies and applications
- Conduct sales and account management training on industry voice and data products focusing on Spirit’s competitive product advantage
- Responsible for quoting out elements of Spirit’s network utilizing existing tools or create business cases to propose competitive pricing with sustainable margins
- Support direct, indirect and account management sales channels by providing data and voice design expertise in all phases of the sales cycle
- Design and prepare all technical paperwork to provisioning team for customer implementation
- Create tailor made Visio network drawings or PowerPoint presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with hardware and software vendors to find new and appropriate solutions for new and existing customers
- Performance of other related duties will be required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Four-year degree in Information Technology or Engineering or in a related field; or 2-5 years professional level technical/engineering experience required.
- CISCO certifications such as CCNA, CCDA or CCNP desired.
- Experience with IP Voice, SS7, Internet, and MPLS technologies and design.
- Some experience with Unix, Linux, and Solaris
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Independent lifting ability of up to 25 lbs.
Please visit https://www.spiritcom.com/careers to view current employment opportunities at Spirit Communications. Applicants should apply separately for each position in which they have an interest. Resumes will be given consideration and reviewed against the posted qualifications needed to fill the selected position. You must indicate the specific position for which you are applying to be considered for employment. Resumes submitted without this information will not be considered for employment.
Resumes in response to posted positions should be sent to email@example.com along with salary histories. Spirit Communications is unable to accept resumes to be placed on file.